- Theme Options
Theme options allows you to set global elements for the site such as the logo, favicon, social media accounts etc.
- Logo / favicon: you can upload a new logo here. Just click on the link to the right to add a new one
- Social Media Accounts: This is where you will add all the links for your social media accounts. Just paste in the URL to each account here. For example, facebook.com/artcityframes
- Coupon: At the bottom of this page you will find the settings for the coupon code. You can upload a new image, set the header, subheader, discount percentage, and a link
The slider is found at the top of the homepage. Click on the “Slider” link in the left menu.
- Click on add new / edit
- Upload a new image that is the same size: Opening a web broser you can right click on the image and view the image in a new tab to view the dimensions. The dimensions for this slider image is 870 x 540. This image is uploaded under featured image
- Add a header and subheader: The name that you set at the top will become the header and the content in the textbox area will be the subheader.
The service boxes are found just under the slider on the home page. Click on Service in the left menu
- Click on edit
- Set a title / sub text: The name you choose at the top of the page will be the header for this section. The textbox below sets the short paragraph under the icon.
- Setup the icon: Scrolling to the bottom you will find the place to set the icon. Just click select image to replace it.
The team members are located on the about us page. Click on the “Team” link in the left menu.
- Click on edit / add new
- Set a title / position / and bio: The name you choose at the top of the page will be the name of the employee. Set a position of the person, and a bio.
- Add a featured image: You can upload an image of the employee in the featured image box.
- Social Media Accounts: You can setup social media accounts for each employee if you choose to do so.
The testimonial section is the customer slider found on the home page. Click on “Testimonial” in the left menu.
- Click on edit / add new
- Set a title and testimonial content: The name you choose at the top of the page will be the name of the customer. In the textbox you can add the testimonial.
- Set a featured image: You will want to upload an image that is the same size and that is transparent here. Just click on set featured image and upload your image. When you are done, click on publish / update.
The products page is a list of products that is set here. Click on “Products” in the left menu.
- Click on edit / add new
- Set a title and product content: The name you select at the top will be the title of the product. Add some content in the textbox below which will be an intro to your product
- Set a featured image: You will want to upload an image that is the same size Just click on set featured image and upload your image.
- Add the accordion data: Just click on add row and set the heading and content for each tab you want added to this product.
- Add the gallery: Click on add row and set the image, gallery heading, and gallery sub heading. The heading and sub heading will be overlaid on the image on hover.
- Contact Forms
The contact forms are set here. Click on “Contact” in the left menu. The only thing you will want to update here will be the email the form gets sent to.
- Click on the mail tab. In the to field, update this to the email you would like to receive the email at.
- Adding a blog post
Click on “Posts” in the left menu. Click on add new. I would suggest leaving the three posts I have in there already and use them as a reference for creating new posts.
- Setup the title At the top of the page add a post title. This would be the title of your blog for example, “10 creative ways to use frames in your home décor”
- Paste in the blog post in the text box
- Set a featured image. Setup a featured image keeping the same image size as what is set in other blog posts.
- Add to a category. Click a checkbox under categories so your post is organized in a category. This allows users to easily find similar blog posts.
- Editing page elements
Most of the pages are edited through the links in the left. However, there are a few elements on each page that will be edited in the actual page.
- Home Page From the home page you can edit the map, address, phone, and email found at the bottom of the home page.
- About Us Page: From the about us page you can edit the video and text on the page. To edit the video click on the text tab to edit in HTML mode and upload a new one or remove it.
- Set the page header image. Each page has a setting for the image at the top. You can find this under “header image”. Just click on select image to edit and upload a different image if you want.
- Editing the menu
The menu is set in the left menu under Appearance > Menus.
- Add a new link To add a new link click on custom links in the
left, add a URL, and set the link text to whatever you want your new page called. Click Add to menu. You can then click and drag to position it in the order you want.